Wednesday 31 August 2011

Book Club?

My class is supposed to have a Book Club this year. At first I was like "Wow!"but I have come to the realization that it is not that great an idea, for various reasons.
1) Everyone reads at different speeds. What would take me a few days would take someone else 6 months. This means that we cant really discuss the chosen book in class.
2) Not everyone has the same taste in books. There is a girl in my class who hates love stories. There are people who think that Epics are... well not very epic.
3) Our teacher wont listen to our suggestions. I made loads of suggestion to her, which were seconded by some of my friends. In the end, she picked a book that none of us had ever heard of. I don't mind that much, but I would appreciate if she at least considered our ideas.

So, in the end, all we decided upon was that we were called The McLovin Club.... And that we are going to read 'Random Acts Of Heroic Love.' I hope it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment